Custom Cannabis Labels for Nevada
Nevada’s legal marijuana industry is one of the country’s fastest-growing markets, and, as with most large industries, is subject to numerous rules and regulations. The requirements for cannabis labels in Nevada are extensive, and must be strictly adhered to in order for marijuana or marijuana-infused products to be sold at retail. If you sell products in this industry, it is therefore of utmost importance that your product labels meet all regulatory requirements, and provide mandatory tamper-proof features.
Specialty Finishes and Materials for Marijuana Product Labels
Our cannabis labels are manufactured using the same premium quality materials and special techniques that are used for our custom wine labels and other label products. We also provide several custom finishes and material options for your custom cannabis labels, including:
Finishing Options for Cannabis Labels
- Soft-touch varnish and soft-touch laminations
- Metallic, clear and white films
- Pearlescent & Iridescent films
Cannabis Label Materials
- Linen and Estate papers
- Metallic and holographic foils & papers
- PCW (recycled) material
- 70# uncoated felt textured papers (seen on the wine & spirits labels)
To create a truly unique look for your cannabis labels, we can provide additional surface treatments such as textured finishes, sculpted embossing, foil stamping and more.
As the proven experts in custom labels, Labels West can provide the perfect labels for cannabis products sold in Nevada. We will work with you to create custom marijuana labels that communicate all the necessary product information and give your products a distinct look that helps them stand out from the competition.
Nevada Cannabis Label Requirements
The requirements listed are not comprehensive, as regulations and requirements may change with little advanced notice. For further details and up-to-date marijuana label regulations, please refer to Nevada Chapter 453A documents.
Guidelines for cannabis labels and packaging in Nevada include the following:
- All labels for marijuana, edible marijuana products, and marijuana-infused products must match standardized label specifications, as described in Nevada NAC sections 453A.506 to 453A.512, inclusive.
- All labels must include, in legible English, the following information:
- The name of the marijuana establishment and its registration certificate number;
- The lot number;
- The date of harvest;
- The date of final testing;
- The date on which the product was packaged;
- The cannabinoid profile and potency levels and terpenoid profile, as determined by an independent testing laboratory;
- The expiration date (if the product is perishable);
- The quantity or net weight (in ounces and grams) of marijuana being sold;
- The following notices and warnings:
- “THIS IS A MARIJUANA PRODUCT”;
- “This product may have intoxicating effects and may be habit forming”;
- “There may be health risks associated with the consumption of this product”;
- “Should not be used by women who are pregnant or breast feeding”
- “Marijuana can impair concentration, coordination, and judgement. Do not operate a vehicle or machinery under the influence of this drug”;
- Usable marijuana must also contain the warning: “Smoking is hazardous to your health”;
- The statement: “This product may be unlawful outside of the State of Nevada”;
- No edible marijuana or marijuana-infused products may be labeled “organic” unless the marijuana plants used are produced, processed, and certified in a manner that is consistent with the national organic standards established by the USDA according to the 1990 Organic Foods Production Act;
- Labels for edible marijuana and marijuana-infused products in Nevada must include the following information:
- The business or trade name and the establishment registration certificate number of the facility for the production of edible marijuana/marijuana-infused product that manufactured and sold the product;
- The lot numbers of all marijuana used to create the product;
- The batch number of the product;
- The date and quantity dispensed, including the net weight in ounces/grams, or by volume;
- The date on which the product was manufactured;
- Suggested used-by date (if the product is perishable);
- Total milligrams of active cannabinoids and terpinoids in the product, as provided by an independent testing laboratory;
- A list of all ingredients and all major food allergens, as identified by 21 U.S.C. §§ 343;
- The warnings:
- “Caution: When eaten or swallowed, the intoxicating effects of this drug may be delayed by 2 or more hours”;
- "This product may have intoxicating effects and may be habit forming”;
- If the product contains a marijuana extract, a full disclosure of the type of extraction process used and any solvent(s), gas(es), or other chemical(s) used in the extraction process, or any other compound added to the extract;
- The text used on all marijuana labels must be printed in at least 10-point font, and may not be in italics;
- Each cannabis product label must be at least 2-3/4” high by 4” wide;
- Cannabis labels in Nevada may not be:
- Presented in packaging that contains any images of cartoon characters, mascots, action figures, balloons, or toys, except that such an item may appear in the logo of the marijuana product manufacturing facility that produced the product;
- Modeled after products primarily consumed by or marketed to children.
Additional Best Practices for Nevada Marijuana Labels
The legal requirements for labeling always take top priority
Before you concern yourself with the look or branding of your labels, you must ensure that they provide all the product and consumer information that is legally required by the State of Nevada. Legal compliance is mandatory—the creativity of your label is secondary.
Make sure to choose the right label material(s) for your product’s container
The size and style of your product packaging will determine the material requirements of your custom cannabis labels. Labels West works with a broad range of label materials, and will help you find the best option for your unique application.
Contact Us for Turnkey Service & Top Quality Custom Marijuana Labels
At Labels West, we provide complete, start-to-finish service to take your project through design consultation and material selection to full-color digital offset or HD-Flexo printing, custom die cutting, tamper-proofing, and beyond. We have the experience and the capabilities to produce the perfect custom labels for your marijuana products.